As EDF sites move towards defueling, flask movements/throughput and, in turn, contamination surveys will increase significantly; the WIMP60x10 will help introduce efficiencies and support defueling at each EDF site through rapid analysis and consistent flask contamination survey swabs reporting.
We are delighted to secure this fantastic opportunity to work with EDF and showcase the exclusive know-how and state-of-the art technologies developed by NUVIATech Instruments and the extensive benefits of our Wipe Test Counters.
For each AGR station, NUVIA will provide the following equipment and services to facilitate and support defueling:
- Two WIMP 60×10 multi-counters at each specified EDF site.
- Each multi-counter will incorporate ten detectors and simultaneously analyse alpha and beta contamination levels within named measurement protocols.
- Each multi-counter will report the analysis results in an agreed format.
- Professional services to train key staff in the use of the multi-counter and production of reports.
- Annual Support and Maintenance Package.
The scope of supply includes all required documentation to support the design, manufacture, works test, delivery, installation, test, and commissioning, including qualification and substantiation evidence to support Safety and Security Cases, including Station specific documentation where applicable.
Toby Webber, NUVIATech Instrument Manager, said: “We are delighted to secure this fantastic opportunity to work with EDF and showcase the exclusive know-how and state-of-the art technologies developed by NUVIATech Instruments and the extensive benefits of our Wipe Test Counters.
Through NUVIATech Instruments, NUVIA provides standard and tailored measurement solutions to nuclear owners, operators and stakeholders for all stages of the facilities’ life-cycle. We can supply both components (detectors, analysers and software) and complete measurement systems, which can incorporate carrier equipment, conveyor equipment, GPS control, signal processing units.